Preamble

My first few postings will be a brief history of my motorcycles I have owned through the years and their highlights, starting from 1966 to 2014... 48 years of riding

My blog is design for:
1.) to make a book (photo album) of my motorcycle adventures. I will have this blog printed off into a coffee table top hard covered book.
2.) for the public to view and promote motorcycle riding through-out the beautiful country sides of British Columbia, Canada.

What is my appeal for riding a motorcycle?

... the freedom it provides; not boxed into a vehicle, more aware of your surroundings.

... to experience the "smell"... of a clover-field, hay-fields, freshly cut grass, of wet pavement just after a hot day, farmers fields, and more

... the sounds of life around you.

... to ride with friends experiencing the same problems, excitement, belonging to a group

Yes, motorcycles are dangerous... just two wheels on the pavement, other vehicles do not see you and have no respect for you, always exposed to the weather and road conditions, bugs on your teeth, sore butts, sore throttle hand, sore back, but it is all worth it... we are alive and doing what we like to do... ride............

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17 2014 - Ride to Abbotsford

Today is a great day for a ride to Abbotsford, but going to my mum's friend funeral.

Weather was very good for the ride... not too hot nor too cold.

Stopped over at mum's place first, for coffee and a light lunch... my sister Wendy was over there too! she is taking mum to the funeral.

The drive over was just OK, nothing really to say about the ride... just lots of traffic.

The funeral for was for Simon Koostra, my dad's last friend; now all his friends have passed on :( but that's life.

My ride back was better... love the roads behind Mission... no traffic to speak of. However, as I was getting closer to Pitt Meadows the traffic really started to build (now rush hour). It would seem that every car was in a race to get home... extremely stressful for me... I found it was better to pass the traffic than to have the traffic pass me. Vehicle love to cut you off!

Anyway... safe and sound home.

See map below of my route.. route was around 100 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment